NEW! Seattle, WA
Our client, a local plastics fabrication company is seeking an NPI team representing both the Customer and Manufacturing Operations. This position is responsible for the development, refinement, and implementation of processes to commercialize new customer projects from conception through production launch. While working with our customers, manufacturing, and our supplier partners, you will ensure the successful execution and release of new customer programs. The candidate is expected to have strong project and program management experience, be knowledgeable of product development processes, and experience working directly with customers in new project and program capacities.
• Leads project team through successful launch of new and ECO projects/programs
• Communicates directly with customers on all aspects of project details
• Establish new product and ECO cost models
• Management and communication of NPI schedules with customer and company stakeholders
• Analyze and resolve all NPI Project materials shortages, risks, and potential issues
• Ensure product structures are accurate and manufacturable
• Evaluate potential project risks, including capacity issues, component issues, documentation issues, and delivery performance
• Lead weekly internal and external project review meetings with project teams
• Cultivate a collaborative working environment, coach and mentor staff and motivate all team members to achieve company and customer objectives
• Minimum of 5 years experience in manufacturing/operations
• Minimum of 4 years recent experience in NPI and associated tools (MS Project, MS Office suite, etc.)
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Experience with molding, thermoforming, and other process related manufacturing disciplines
• Supply chain management and negotiation skills
• SolidWorks or other modeling software experience required
• Manufacturing/Operations: 5 years (Preferred)
• NPI: 4 years (Preferred)
• SolidWorks or other modeling software: 1 year (Preferred)
• Engineering or Business Degree, engineering discipline preferred
Travel may be required to other company locations, customer locations and may require international travel. VISA-Passport required or ability to achieve in a short period of time.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with the background and experience of the applicant.