We are working with a custom machine design and build company with a strong history in the material handling and waste control industry. They are seeing exceptional growth and are currently adding to their team a Mechanical Drafter/Designer who will interface with both internal and external clients to assess needs and obtain specifications for upcoming projects. You will work closely with the production and design team to create mechanical shop drawings for production and adjust as required for custom builds.
As the Drafter/Designer you will:
- Develop detailed designs for mechanical equipment and control component fabrication
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components and machinery
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase to ensure accuracy
- Use CAD and Drafting systems (Inventor, AutoCAD) to prepare drawings
- Be familiar with the operations and depiction of a variety of mechanical systems
- Bring ideas to the table for improvements in drafting process and collaborate with others in a team
The Qualified Candidates will:
Have a strong background in mechanical drafting for machined components and fabrication
Be fluent in advanced 3D geometry creation and manipulation
Working knowledge in the assembly and building of custom machinery
Possess strong written and verbal technical communication skills
Demonstrate the ability to be adaptable to customer and machine build needs
This is an opportunity for an individual to make a significant and lasting impact on the production of our equipment. This will be a long term critical role for our continued growth and success. A compensation package will be negotiated with the best candidate, which will include a competitive salary coupled with a benefits package including time off, health, and retirement. If you feel this could be a good next step in your career, please send us your resume for consideration.